Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cheap Beauty Buys

We're all on a budget nowadays, especially me, so I can't really afford to get my favorite Yves Saint Laurent lip gloss and Diior mascara to wear on an everyday basis. There are still some things I splurge on but just wear it on special occasions. Obviously I don't need to doll myself up for a day at the juice bar! These are my latest cheap beauty buys that I love right now. Everything is under $20!


Cheap Beauty Buys



Benefit Cosmetics mascara, $19
Almay face makeup, $6.99
Neutrogena face cleanser, $7.49
Body moisturizer, $15
Sebastian Professional styling product, $17

1. Gud by Burt's Bees. You can pick up this product at Target and other drugstores and it comes in a few different scents. I LOVE the Vanilla shampoo...it smells wonderful, leaves your hair soft and silky and the packaging is adorable.
2. Baby Lips by Maybelline. I wouldn't say that I'm a "sucker" for advertising but it definitely piqued my interest when I kept seeing ads for this lipgloss in magazines. It is a great everyday gloss with a hint of color that you can keep in your pockets. A good, affordable alternative to my favorite YSL gloss for everyday.
3. Neutrogena Naturals facewash. A mild cleanser made with all-natural ingredients for under $10.
4. Benefit Badgal Mascara. I always splurge on mascara. Badgal and Dior Showstop will always be my favorites. When you have sad, limp lashes like mine, it is worth the splurge!
5. Sebastian Shaper hairspray. Another item I will not skimp on is hairspray! Sebastian Shaper will give you great volume and lift without greasiness. Loreal Elnett is a close second at $13.99.
6. Almay Smart Shade Anti-aging. This foundation goes on more like a tinted moisturizer. Neat because it goes on white but turns into a shade of beige once you start rubbing it in. Also has SPF 20 which is a plus for aging skin like mine!
7. Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Body Creme in Eucalyptus Mint. I love Bath and Body Works products for everyday, especially the aromatherapy line. In Chinese culture, we use eucalyptus for it's healing qualities and the smell of it reminds me of my childhood when my mom would rub it on my upset tummy. This creme absorbs quickly and moisturizes the driest skin.

No comments: